Friday, February 27, 2015

Some Minor Thoughts on Pregnancy/ 19 Weeks

Baby Stagg is just cookin' away. I always thought that when I got pregnant I would be a crazy worry wart- and I might regret this as my due date approaches, but so far, I think I've been pretty cool, calm and collected.

We had a scare on Valentines Day... I had a horrible cold (stuffy nose, ridiculous cough, that sort of thing), and was having a hard time breathing. I had heard that with a growing baby in your tummy, it can make it hard to breath by the babe pushing on your lungs as it gets bigger, but that with my cough made me a little scared that I wasn't getting enough oxygen. So, away to urgent care we went. they monitored me for 30 minutes, & did an EKG, but once my breathing got steady they released me, and all was well. Thats about as far as my panic has gone.

With each week comes something new, and it's my favorite thing ever. Coincidentally, while laying on the table at urgent care, I felt our little baby move for the first time.I had felt little flutters earlier that week, but was never sure if it was movement, but on Valentines Day, I was sure. The next day, I woke up a little earlier than Landon, and was laying in bed, when I felt the first of strong kicks. After a few minutes of this, Landon started to wake up, and I told him to give me his had..he did, and a few seconds later he felt the babe. Coolest moment. Later that night, I lifted up my shirt so we could see my tummy, and both of us saw the smallest kick. I didn't realize that I would be able to actually see it this early, but was very happy that we did. Since then, every day has been fun to feel. The baby is most active when I'm at work, and right before bed, and every time I feel that push, it makes my heart race.

I feel SO beyond blessed to get to experience this miracle. I, personally, have been blessed with a smooth pregnancy thus far, and we have had nothing but great doctors appointments.

As of today, I am in my 19th week, and a week away from halfway- which is NUTS to me!! My doctor is very strict on the 20 week Anatomy/ Gender Ultrasound, so, we have not been able to find out if Baby Stagg is a boy or a girl. I was ttthhiiss close to talking Landon into going to one of those 4D ultra sound places too, but my husband is also very strict on spending money when we don't have to.. So, here we are week 19 with an appointment set up next week to see just how well baby is cooking & to see if we are to be parents to a little boy or girl.

Sleep: Still getting it. I wake up a couple times in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, but I usually fall asleep right after

Food Cravings: None really... just want food. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Turkey still makes me want to puke

Have you started to show yet: Oh yes. I have gained 10lbs since becoming pregnant, and its ALL out there 

Boy or Girl: Unknown- still. Landon is set on a girl still, and I have no idea

Names: We have had a few for both genders for a while. But, i'm still not sure if were going to be announcing them prebaby

Shopping: None in addition to what we got before. We want to start the nursery, BUT we need to wait until we find out what the little bean is

Wedding ring on or off: On.

Happy or moody most of the time: I'm pretty happy all the time. 

Most nervous about: Breastfeeding, still

Most excited about: Finding out what baby is & starting the nursery! We are ready to make this happen!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment