Sunday, December 14, 2014

Baby Stagg!

We could not be more excited to announce that Team Stagg is growing by two baby feet in July!

Baby Stagg has been a very anticipated child, and was definitely planned. Landon and I had been "not preventing" a baby for almost 2 years when this little miracle decided to make its appearance. Many negative tests, frustrating moments, and tears were shed. There were factors that led to a harder road to getting pregnant. I don't know how many people actually read this little blog of ours, but I am going to share my story (so if you get weird reading about birth control and missed periods- then you should probably stop reading).

Since about 3 months before Landon and I got married, I was on the Depo Prevera shot for birth control. For the 3 years I was on it, I never had any of the crazy side effects (ridiculous weight gain, mood swings, extended periods, etc.) it's wasn't until I got off the shot in January of 2013 that I had bad side effects. I had gotten on the pill, as mine and Landons plan was to try to have a baby starting July 2013. In my transition of shot to pill I had 3 month long periods, my cycle was all over the place, it was impossible to track anything, I was also REALLY horrible with taking the pill. So over 2013 and most of 2014, it required a lot of patience, and prayers, & faith, but I soon was back on track, my body started getting back to normal about 6 months ago (by normal, I mean, one five day cycle a month, and I was regular). Landon's best friend Matt and his wife announced to us back in May that they were expecting their baby, and like most women who are trying to conceive, I was very happy for our friends, but also kind of sad, because we had been trying for what seemed like forever! Landon kept on reassuring me that when Heavenly Father has a plan, and it was all in His time (again, patience, prayers, and faith). Stephanie (Matts wife) suggested a book to me called "Taking Control of your Fertility", and trying or not, I would honestly suggest every woman to read this book! It's so education and I feel like it really helped. After reading it, and charting, taking my temp every day, and all that jazz, I still wasn't pregnant. Everyone told me to find something to keep my mind off of it (easier said than done), but I did. I stopped tracking my cycle, stopped taking my temp, and I threw myself into Zumba- going 3-4 times a week, and actually signed up to get certified. 

On November 14th, I was supposed to start my period... I didn't. I didn't want to get my hopes up, because I had taken SO many tests in the past, only for them to be negative. So, I told Landon if by Sunday I didn't start, I would take a test. Saturday we went to Walgreens and bought 2, in anticipation for the next morning. Sunday morning, the 16th, I woke up at 7, but I felt like it was too early, so I tried to fall back asleep until 9. At 9, I woke up, and did my thing. 2 seconds later, a little pink positive sign appeared. Landon was still asleep, and I yelled "LANDON!" from the bathroom, he woke up and said "WHAT?!?" And I walked out in tears showing him the test. He was so excited. Seeing that positive after so many negatives felt so amazing. 

I wanted to share my "struggle" although I know there are so many more women out there with a bigger struggle who are unable to have children for whatever the reason may be, my struggle was tough for me. It was a time where I truly had to rely on my Heavenly Father. I had to trust in Him, and trust that He knew when the right time would be. I had a lot of time to reflect on our relationship, and to strengthen it. I am so grateful for Him. The timing could not be more perfect with Landon finishing school next year. He knows what is best. This time of trying for a baby has only strengthened my testimony more. I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers, and I know that He is there to guide us.




No comments:

Post a Comment