Sunday, December 14, 2014

Announcing Baby

The day we found out we were pregnant, I called my mom, my sister, & brother right away! They were so excited! Later that night we went to Landon's dads house to tell his dad, step mom, & sister. Our plan was to tell Landon's mom & that side of the family when we went up to Salt Lake for Thanksgiving. But, during a group text with Landon's dad & siblings, Landon's dad accidentally spilled the news, so we facetimed Landon's mom & sister and told them the Wednesday after we found out, but we still wanted to announce it to the rest of his family at Thanksgiving. So on Thanksgiving Landon was asked to say the prayer, and at the end, after blessing the food & the family, he blessed the baby in my tummy, and thanked Heavenly Father for this blessing. When he said that the room went silent, like everyone held their breath, after he said "amen" the entire family cheered! It was so cool. 

For my dad, our family does Thanksgiving the Sunday after actual Thanksgiving, but they moved it to Saturday for us, so we had planned on making my dad, grandma, & grandpa shirts. This baby will be my dads first grandbaby, and my grandma & grandpas first great, so each of their shirts said the similar thing, "Only the best dads get promotoed to papa", "Only the best grandmas get promoted to great grandma", and only the best papas  get promoted to great papa". We had them open the shirts at the same time & tears were shed. It was a really cool moment. 

I was so grateful that we were able to announce it to them in person!  

No comments:

Post a Comment