Wednesday, June 17, 2015

34 Weeks & 5 Days

Geez! Here we are at 35 weeks!! I cannot believe how quick our pregnancy has gone. I seriously feel like just yesterday I was praying for that little positive sign on the test, and here we are counting down the next 5 weeks until our little guy is here.

I would like to say that we are 100% prepared (and my husband would tell you we are)- but my pregnancy hormones still say that I have a million and one things to do in the next 5 weeks. We have the nursery: done, baby showers: done, plenty of clothes, a good stock on diapers and wipes, hospital tour: done, breastfeeding class: done, doggies shaved and ready... I feel like we are good to go (with all the essentials)... but, there are a lot of last minute things. I guess the important things are done and with that said, I will try and not worry about the little things (newborn photographer, house detail cleaned, frozen dinners made, etc..). K- I sound like a crazy person!

I can honestly say that I am SO blessed with how my pregnancy has gone so far. I have had great doctors appointments, test results, blood pressure, measurements, all normal. Little guy is head down, and preparing for launch!! I find myself getting to the point where all I want to do is think about him, talk about him, imagine him, I feel just READY to meet him! Im not a very patient person, so this last month-ish is going to be hard!!

The weird things that I have experienced: my knuckles, wrists, ankles, and basically all of my joints have been tightening, usually in the mornings. I told my doc, and he said that it is completely normal- and it is due to water retention.. so theres that. I have had minor swelling, some days are worse than others, but nothing crazy. Sciatic nerve pain- I have always had minor issues with that nerve due to a cheer incident years and years ago, but it has just gotten intense. Charlie Horses in my inner/upper thighs. None of this has ever been "extreme", so no cause for concern... just things that I may/may not have expected.

Landon has been the most amazing partner in this pregnancy. Swollen feet? He rubs them. I think we need to add something in the nursery/ anywhere in the house, he does all the handyman work- no question. I have a hormonal break down, he gets it (as much as a man can). He has cooked dinner for both of us majority of the weeknights, he has done MORE than his fair share of dishes, laundry, household chores to take it off of me. He has been the most amazing daddy already, and it makes me SO excited to see him with little Oliver. He is the greatest team mate, and I cannot wait to see him in his new role! He loves his son SOOO much, already. I can't even describe the feeling I get when he talks about him.

So- again, here we are in the final countdown. I will try and be better in documenting these last weeks.. I feel like I have failed documenting via blog.


how far along: 34 weeks & 5 days
size: butternut squash
cravings: pica eating habits are formed.. I love soft ice (sonic ice is the best)
aversions: nada
sleep: getting comfortable is a task, once thats done- I'm golden
other symptoms: stiff joints, static nerve, charlie horses, impatient-ness

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So excited for you and your family! He's gonna be the cutest little babe ever :) Wishing you a speedy and healthy last 5 weeks!

    ReplyDelete