Sunday, April 19, 2015

Oliver's Nursery- Part 3- Final Touches


There were a few things that we still needed to add after the big items.

Since we built our house, we didn't have a real light fixture in this room (I wanted to wait until we had a baby to change anything). So we bought one from Home Depot, and Landon installed it.

I also wanted his name added, a lamp, rug, ottoman pouf, and we still needed to paint the leaf, and add letters. 

We started with his name. We bought 28 feet of copper wire from Home Depot (we ended up not needing that much) and Landon formed his name, and connected the pieces together after we let them sit with weights on them for about a week. 

As for the Lamp, Pouf, & Rug, Landon and I had looked online at a few different lamps, when we found one we liked of off Targets website... we didn't buy it right away, and I don't know why, but one when I was at work, I sent Landon a picture of a pouf that I wanted. I came home from work one day, and Landon said he had a surprise for me, and showed me that 1. he ordered our lamp, 2. he found a VERY similar pouf to the one I had sent him (for a fraction of the price), and 3. he found and ordered the rug that we were going to use... I was SO happy, because I was honestly tired of looking for these items and not finding what we liked. 

So, once they came in the mail, we put them all together!


We used the leaf rug to trace the same leaf on the wall, painted the leaf & ordered the lyrics we wanted online.




The LAST touch was curtains & a curtain rod from Target- and we were done! (for the most part- I still would like to get book shelves from IKEA when we go up in May).

All in all the nursery took us a little over a month to finish from start to finish... and we could NOT be more pleased with the final product. 

I have to give my amazing husband the biggest shout out, because, I kid you not, he did most of the work. We didn't know how safe it was for me to sand & paint (there were mixed reviews online... and we would rather be safe than sorry). He has been so amazing putting this together, and it has been the greatest thing for me to see him get so excited about putting together our son's nursery. 





Lamp: Target
Rug: Etsy 
Vinyl Letters: Craft Cuts
Organizers: Home Goods
White Blanket: Home Goods
Curtains: Target
Curtain Rod: Target



No comments:

Post a Comment