Sunday, January 4, 2015

11 Week- Sort of "Bumpdate"

So, I am going to try and do my very best to keep up on my blogging during my pregnancy. I want to use this blog as a sort of diary for when I am all done baking this nugget, I am able to go back and read through everything. Although, I do still have a personal diary that I write in for more personal thoughts, this will be a way for family and friends from all over to keep up on the little bebe.

My insurance finally kicked in on the 1st, so on the 2nd Landon and I were able to go to the doctor to see the baby. Let me just say, seeing that little growing body on the ultrasound with the little heartbeat will NEVER get old. Pregnancy is new to me (obviously- never had a child before)... so seeing that everything is great with the babe, and everything is progressing as it should brings me the greatest sense of relief. I am so grateful for todays technology, and that we are able to visually see that the baby is healthy.

The past 11 weeks haven't been to horrible for me, and for that I am grateful. I have always heard horror stories of people getting ridiculous morning sickness, or feeling sick all day, and being miserable. I am happy to report that I think I am past the nausea stage, and I'm feeling great. Here is the first of many "bumpdates".


Bumpdate- 11 weeks

How far along: 11 weeks & 2 days

Size: Lime. Little baby lime (but that seems HUGE in comparison to the poppyseed the baby started out as!)

Maternity clothes: Is it horrible if I say yes? Prior to the positive test, I was super bloated, and my work pants were all SUPER snug, so, once I found out that there was reason they were snug (more than that I was just gaining weight because I love food) I went out and bought some black work pants with a stretchy waist. They have been heavenly. I also bought my first shirt from target the other day, and a maternity bra (these things are growing people!)

Sleep: So far, not to bad. I wake up once a night to go to the bathroom, and around 4 o'clock, I need a nap (but I'm only able to get that nap on the weekends)

Food Cravings: Fruit is hitting the spot lately. I have also craved pickled asparagus, artichokes, and Kraft Mac & Cheese. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Eggs & Turkey. The smell of Turkey makes me want to die!

Have you started to show yet: Slightly- and I am obsessed with my tiny little pudge belly.

Boy or Girl: Unknown. Were split on what we think it is. Landon is set on a girl, and after seeing ultrasound 1, I'm thinking its a boy. As long as baby is healthy were good!

Names: We have had a few for both genders for a while. But, i'm still not sure if were going to be announcing them prebaby

Shopping: So, my plan was not to buy anything until after baby showers... but Im the worst. bought quite a few boxes of size 1, size 2, & size 3 diapers from Costco & wipes. My Friends have already bought little baby some bibs. We also got a gift card from amazon, and used that to get some white onesies in the newborn size, 0-3 size, & 3-6 size, some little white socks, a few receiving blankets, and white mittens. 

Wedding ring on or off: On.

Happy or moody most of the time: I'm pretty happy all the time. There have been some moments when I'm hungry and get emotional, but, thats not due to pregnancy haha.

Most nervous about: Breastfeeding. 

Most excited about: Finding out what baby is, feeling baby kick, & getting the nursery done!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! A baby Stagg soon!! So exciting! I request photos of your baby bump.

    ReplyDelete